Friday, April 07, 2006

Menace of the Mobile Phones

This post is a tribute to all those poor souls, who by sheer bad luck (No, not carelessness) have carried their mobiles to those much awaited interviews and screwed them up.

Imagine how you would feel when your mobile rings, playing that fancy ring tone of yours, while you are passionately explaining your long term career goals to the panel. It sucks big time, right ?

Well, I have experienced this highly embarrassing situation during my IIFT interview !! The end result, I was chucked out. Though I know that my cell phone was not the only reason, I found great comfort in crediting the full blame for my failure on my cell phone.

I thought that I was the only fool on Earth. But recently, I have found some others expressing similar experiences and felt relieved. There are enough people out there who forgot that their mobile has a Silence Button. So, after all, that was a human error.

One of them narrates :

" My mobile beeped with the message received tone. First in the GD while the Professor was giving some introductory talk. Then I switched it off and asked to be excused. Then when we came out later after gd, I turned it on to message ppl. But later just forget to switch it OFF. So in the interview it beeped once again. I took it out and switched it off again. "

And another shares his woes :

" My mobile rang during my XLRI Interview this year... similar bad luck... what to say !! In my case I literally screwed up my answer to 'Tell me about yourself' because of this. "

So all of you slogging day in and day out to crack that all-important interview, keep this in mind.

Your Mobile could ruin Everything !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home