Monday, March 20, 2006

Miss India 2006

The three most beautiful women (?) of India have been declared. After months of shortlisting, voting and ramp-walking, finally, the show is over. And here are the winners : Neha kapur, Natasha Suri and Amruta Patki.

I generally am not interested in beauty pageants. Not that I am not interested in pretty girls, but I believe that the real pretty stuff is out there in the crowd rather than on the stage. With a few exceptions like Ash, Not many winners have made it really BIG in the aftermath. But after the chronic bombardment of BMMI ( Banunga mein Miss India ) promos on TV, I got curious. So, I took a look at the winners yesterday once the results were out and gosh !! My earlier opinion has been revalidated.

I sense a steady decline in the TRPs ( Television Rating Points ) for the Miss India Show. Maybe people got over the initial furore generated a decade back when Aishwarya and Sushmita were crowned Miss World and Miss Universe. Maybe bcoz no more crowns came in the way of Indians. Or simply, people just found some better pastimes !!

Look at the photos of the past Miss Universe winners. Hope Neha wud make it to the list !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home