Thursday, March 23, 2006

IITB Result : The Dilemma Begins

IITB has congratulated me too !! I'm IN

IITB GD/PI has been the best so far, and I have been banking on it. It was my only ray of hope, in those days of despair, when IIFT chucked me out and my XLRI, NITIE GD/PI didn't go well.
With the pleasent surprise from NITIE, the equations changed. Now, Which institute shud I choose ?

Both are similar when it comes to class diversity ( rather the lack of it, bcoz both take only engineers ), both have good placements, both have reputation in Systems Specialization, great Infrastructure and a poor Sex Ratio. Looking at the differences...

Going by the rankings, NITIE has been ranked higher all the previous years. But IITB is improving a lot these days and is gradually making it to the top leagues.

Going by the Curriculum, IITB scores. Its course is more diverse and covers a range of topics. NITIE has only a few electives. And the number of papers covered by NITIE is lower bcoz of its 4 month Industrial Project. Though a lil more Industrial Exposure ( and stipend ;) ) is appreciated, Summer Project does the job effectively enough that wasting 4 more months in Industry, esp. when we have a lifetime to explore the practicalities of Mgmt., is not such a good idea. I would prefer a few more class room courses than that.

Coming to the Networking, NITIE has a bigger batch strength and better chances to meet and group with different people. It even brings diversity in terms of placements. Different companies visit the campus coz of the numbers.

Now, the degree awarded: IITB offers Master of Mgmt. ( M.Mgmt ) where as NITIE offers PGDIM ( PG Diploma in Industrial Mgmt. ). I definitely prefer a Masters. I read in an article that PGDIM is not recognized as a PG degree in US colleges. But IIMs award a PG Diploma too, and its authenticity has never been questioned !!

And Finally, NITIE is a full fledged B-School, whereas IITB, though a seperate School, is still a part of the IIT setup.

So which of these do I wanna join ? Well, Both of them.
Since that is not possible, I just hope that XLRI/IIMB would show me the way !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandeep said...

great job Dude,
I still couldn't believer that
You haven't changed ur habit of saying "that nobody in the world can do worse than me. I may get marks around 35-40 [:P]"

have a wonderful threesome
Cheers

3:07 AM  
Blogger Theja said...

B-schools always find newer ways of springing surprises, dude. We can never expect anything.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home