Friday, April 21, 2006

Disgusting DTDC

I never thought anything could irk me in my current state of Euphoria. But DTDC soon proved me wrong. Over the past week, I have gone through a harried experience that challenged whatever sanity left in me.

Friday
DTDC, which claims to be one of the leading Air Express & Cargo companies in India, has been entrusted with the job of delivering IIMB's admission offer letters to the selected candidates across the country. As soon as I heard the news, I knew from past experience that I was in for some serious trouble.

Several of my Call letters have been delayed, some sent back to the senders quoting 'Address Not Found' and others arrived at leisure. Now, we have a DTDC office at our place, and the people have been properly intimated about the whereabouts of our Address. And I always use full postal address alongwith PIN Code, that leaves no ambiguity on any account. But still my mail always gets delayed, when DTDC is handling it.

Weekend
Some of the guys in Metros have received their offer letters. Others were hopeful of getting them in a couple of days. Well, I didn't have any illusions.

Monday
I called up the Admissions Office and inquired about the Consignment number of my Letter. As soon as I got it, I used the online tracking site to find the status. It says 'En Route Ongole'. Hmm...Maybe these guys finally improved.

Tuesday
It's the same status. I looked up Ongole Branch Office number and called them up. I was told that the package hasn't left Bangalore, and was suggested that I call Bangalore Customer Care. I took the number, talked to the customer care and lodged a complaint.

Wednesday
No Progress. I called up the customer care. Couldn't reach them at all. I thought of trying the Hyderabad number. I looked up the Helpline numbers of Hyderabad and started dialling them. Some of them didn't work, some were busy and others just kept on ringing endlessly. These guys don't even bother to attend the calls. Finally, I got connected with some Branch manager. I explained my situation and he gave another coupla numbers. After trying for sometime, I caught an operator, and asked the status of the complaint. I was assured that the problem wud be solved and that they would call me back by end of day.

Waited till 6 PM, nothing happened. The day has ended without any progress. And I got furiuos. With all the spite and venom I could muster ( I'm not a nasty Guy!! ), I wrote a big mail to the id given on website.

Thursday
I got a reply to my mail reassuring me that the matter would be looked into. I waited till evening and then losing my patience I called up the Customer Care again. One last time. And the same response. After putting me on hold for about 10 mins, the person told me that they couldn't track it right then, but would definitely call me back later. Outright careless behaviour. I was fed up.

Friday
I called up the Admissions Office and asked their help in my case. They promised to talk to the DTDC people. They sent me a soft copy to use meanwhile. It's not going to work, those guys are incorrigible. I will have to settle with the soft copy.


However lousy and incompetent their systems and operations may be, I can't understand why it takes them more than a week to trace a simple parcel. If the parcel had been dropped in the postbox outside the campus, It wud have reached me a long time back. This is just Gross Negligence. A highly callous attitude towards their unfortunate cutomers. How these guys handle Int'l Consignments with all the ineptitude, God only knows!

But I have come to hate DTDC in all sincerety for eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home