Sunday, April 16, 2006

Awesome Poem !!

LIFE AT IIMB - A COLLECTION OF THOUGHTS


When I got the call from IIMB,
I got the thrill of my life,
"My life is made," I thought,
"All but finding a wife".

My friends they were all mighty impressed,
They said, "You're quite a stud,"
And Dad said, "I knew you'd make it big someday,
I knew it was in your blood."

For a month after the admission.
I was basking in my glory,
Giving advice to other people,
Narrating to them my story.

I was longing to come to Bangalore,
Looking forward to it and more,
Staying at home all day,
Was getting to be quite a bore.

At last I set off from home,
And reached campus with a smile,
But it all soon disappeared,
When of the readings I saw the pile,

But when I started the curriculum,
I got the shock of my life,
And to pass this place, I would say,
Is tougher than finding a wife.

I managed to clear the courses,
Like a snake wriggles out of its skin,
And all the while I longed to go,
Back to my kith and kin.

Though I was quite surprised,
With all that this place had in store,
I must admit to one and all,
What life never grew to be a bore.

Cause when you didn't feet like studying,
There was always other things to do,
Play some game or watch TV,
Or think of the girls you'd like to woo.

And I say `When you didn't feel like studying',
Cause there was always enough to read,
And if you never `didn't feel like it',
you wouldn't even have time to feed.

The Profs you thought were biased,
The toppers you thought were crank,
Life was full of hypocrisy,
Rarely anyone seemed to be frank.

But as you got used to the life,
A life of downs and more downs,
The disappointments started to cease,
And the smiles exceeded the frowns.

As you looked around you,
More people you got to know,
More friends you got to make,
More often you said `Hello'!

The mess table was the best place to socialize,
Because everyone had to meet,
And they all had one thing in common,
A grievance against the food they had to eat.

Slowly you started finding time,
To do the things you like,
Some people sat and chatted,.
While others went off on a hike.

And if you were free for the evening,
With nothing urgent to do,
Just take the bus to M.G.'s,
And put in a pitcher of two.

At last the parties started,
With drinking and dancing galore,
And we all came to know,
Why the best IIM was Bangalore.

We learnt quite a few things out here,
Not just what the professor tried to teach,
We learnt the 4Ps of Kotler,
And that Putkai is trying to Reach.

We've gone through 2 years of hell,
That's what everyone will claim,
But if I were given a chance on retrospect,
I'd live through the experience once again.

And as I pass out of this place,
Get a job and begin my life,
I still maintain, "To pass this place,
Is tougher than finding a wife."

-Rumy Kanga(Class of '95)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home