Saturday, February 18, 2006

Unreal Tournament : Frag 'em all

Started playing a new PC game : Unreal Tournament. Though years have passed since its release, didn't get a chance to play till now. Arena games are worth the money only when played on LAN and I didn't get access to LAN till now. So, Gaming Fraternity, do excuse my delay at realizing a wonderful game.



For those who are not aware, UT is a First Person Shooter(FPS) arena game. Several players play in a map, and the objective is to kill as many other players as possible. Each kill is known as a frag. The person who frags the preset number of times faster is the Champion.

So, this weekend, in order to utilize the 100 mbps bandwidth of our office LAN, I have joined my fellow gamers( and colleagues) in this DeathMatch tournament. Initially, I felt it was similar to Quake 3. I tried playing Quake thrice, once every time a new version was released, but each time I had given up in less than two days. Now Quake did connect with most of the arena fans, but still the bouncers and transporters have ruined the gameplay. The shooting was more of luck with people jumping around and vanishing..So I quit that game. But UT is more decent. Of course translocators, lifts and other fancy stuff of Quake is present here too, but it does not interfere with the gameplay. And graphics are much better than Quake's.

Within a coupla games I loved it. I decided to complete the single player scenarios too.So, created my character and started fragging.Here is my avatar - Infernus.

UT has a variety of characters to choose avatars from; You can be a Soldier or a Rogue, Alien or a Robot, Machine or an Animal and for those insatiable funkies there are some hybrid versions too ;-)

I selected this character coz he looked quite decent.
But still, decency doesn't stop him from fragging..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home