Friday, February 03, 2006

Looking Back at 2005

This post has been delayed by at least a month. Many things cropped up in January crying for my attention that I couldn't help ..

Though well past 2005.. I feel it is good to have a record of the last year.

2005 has been a mixed bag for me..not as great as 2004 but still not too bad.But over the years the even-numbered years proved better to me than the odd-numbered ones.That raises my hopes on 2006.

Well, let me recollect 2005 now :

1. Began this year roaming along pune JM road with a bunch of colleagues
The night was cold, but the crowd was cool.
2. Moved to Oracle in mid-jan
Believe me, the first job hop is not exactly fun.
3. Settled down in hyderabad.
No more rotis...and i can have a go at my favourite mirchi bajjis again ;))
4. Watched my first 3D movie in IMAX
Polar Express is a must see.
5. A harsh summer and then the torrential rains..
Let's see how cold the winter gets.
6. Potter 6 published.
I have become a big fan of Rowling's.
7. We delivered the second version of our product.
Work had been very hectic till then..
8. The CATastrophe - My ultimate Fiasco
But my current punchline - "Do or Die Trying"
9. Hurray! IIFT GD/PI call
You can't imagine the relief ..
10. Started coming to office on Bike
Shifting the gears used to be an ordeal..but now I am pretty comfortable.

Many days filled with fun, and many others filled with anxiety.Made some new friends, met some old ones and lost a few too ..But writing this mail has been an eye-opener.I could hardly list 10 things(of course i skipped a few silly details!!) for the whole year.If life goes at this pace, then i think i will be having fewer memories in coming years.

"We become so busy in life, that we almost forget living."
Very true, but then, that's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home