Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm a Virgo !

Well, anyone who casually browses thru the horoscopes in daily newspaper can tell that from my birth date. Sun signs, astrology and Horoscopes -- Do I believe them ? Of course not. Seriously, I do not give any importance to them. But on a lighter side, I think it's some gud fun !

While browsing thru the Orkut communities today, I came across this particular community where the common traits of the most of the virgos are listed down and are being discussed. Lemme check out how many of these are true in my case. And those interested in a more comprehensive discourse on the sun signs, can browse here.




The Positive Qualities :

=> Modest and shy
True, that's exactly my basic nature. But over the years I have come out of the shell, going around with people, taking up tasks that require more outgoing nature and have cultivated the much required qualities of my chosen profession. I have become extroverted and gregarious, but still, deep inside, the vestiges of my shyness still remain.

=> Meticulous and reliable
True to some extent. Reliable and trustworthy for sure, But not exactly meticulous. Of course, sometimes I am finicky about trivialities. But my indolence often gets better of me, and makes sure that I neglect certain intricacies and end up in one humungous self-created mess.

=> Practical and diligent
I always uphold my principle, values and beliefs. But these themselves are based on a pragamtic outlook towards life and not based on any parochial dogmas or impractical idealogy. And Diligence, well, If I am really passionate about anything, any kind of goal, laziness and inertia will not be able stop me.

=> Intelligent and analytical
Analytical, Yes! Logical and rational thought process has come quite naturally to me. Intelligent ? Thats's tricky.

The Trouble Areas

<= Fussy and a worrier
Hmm..Yeah I am Fussy. When I expect something from someone, I bug them like hell. When things don't go my way, I get pissed off easily. But I take many critical things in a rather cool and indifferent manner. I don't get excessively worried about unimportant things. Still, when the stakes are higher, I get anxious and nervous.

<= Overcritical and Perfectionist
When it comes to things I love, or work i do, yeah, I am a perfectionaist. I cannot tolerate the slightest negligence or shoddy performance. I get very irritated with irresponsible and unreasonable people. And of course, I am overcritical. I express displeasure so easily.

<= A harsh self-critic
I do set high standards for myself and people around me. And often I fail reaching them. And then starts self-criticism that sprouts diffidence. But more often than not, such criticism helped me in acting as a catalyst for my efforts. I am tempted to call that self-motivation.

<= Misunderstood as Cold and Indifferent
With my practical approach to life, and not being very expressive, I am often misunderstood as an out-and-out materialist, with little sensitivity to others' feelings. But I do care for people and am always loyal and helpful. This is something I don't understand. And am trying to work upon this.

----

And before I wrap it up, Lemme post a statement I have come across regarding Virgos :

Ironically, most of your best qualities are often seen by other people as your worst. It wasn't always so: in ancient times, when priorities were different, yours was the most prized of the signs. Now, it is often the most disliked. Fear not, though—you're just misunderstood.

So, dear fellow-virgos, we are supposed to be the fossils of the Gud Old days ! Now, How nice is that ?!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home